Renal Healthcare Association (RHA) is a leading trade association representing renal healthcare professionals nationwide. Founded in 1977 with a simple yet ambitious vision: to provide a support network for independent and community-based dialysis providers. Today, our association has evolved into a trusted leader, serving as a collective voice and advocate for the industry, promoting growth, innovation, and collaboration among our members.
Currently, RHA has 150 active member companies operating over 1,300 dialysis facilities and 100 hospital-based dialysis centers, treating adult and pediatric patients. RHA members serve a patient population of nearly 115,000 individuals living with chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Our mission is to support our members to achieve the best possible patient outcomes by providing valuable education and resources, fostering industry collaboration, and advocating for policies that support a thriving and sustainable dialysis industry. We strive to be our industry's go-to resource for knowledge, networking, and professional development.
Key Focus Areas
- Advocacy and Representation: We work tirelessly to champion the interests of our members and serve as the voice for independent providers. We engage with policymakers, government agencies, and regulatory bodies to shape favorable legislation, regulations, and policies that drive growth and protect the industry's integrity.
- Education and Professional Development: We are committed to equipping our members with the knowledge, skills, and tools they need to excel in their professional endeavors. Through webinars, conferences, and certifications, we offer robust educational programs to support continuous learning and professional growth.
- Networking and Collaboration: We provide ample opportunities for our members to connect, collaborate, and build valuable relationships within the industry. Our networking events, online community, and committees foster meaningful connections, facilitating the exchange of ideas and best practices.
- Innovation, Research, and Insights: We conduct research, gather industry data, and publish reports that offer valuable insights into market trends, emerging technologies, and industry best practices. Our members gain access to these resources, empowering them to make informed decisions and stay ahead of the curve.
By joining RHA, members gain access to a wide range of exclusive benefits, including:
- Advocacy and representation on key industry issues.
- Networking opportunities with industry leaders, peers, and vendors.
- Educational resources, webinars, and professional development programs.
- Industry research reports and access to market insights.
- Hands-on opportunities to develop or enhance tools and resources through participation in committees and task forces.
- Discounts on Renal Services Exchange products and services.
- Access to a vibrant online community and members-only resources.
Whether you are an industry veteran, a rising professional, a dialysis administrator, a nephrologist, a nurse, or a dialysis social worker - RHA welcomes you to join our diverse community of renal healthcare professionals. Together, we can shape the future of our industry and unlock new opportunities for success and improved patient outcomes.
today to learn more about member benefits and how you can become a part of the Renal Healthcare Association.
Today, our mission to serve as the resource and voice for our members continues. The leadership is responsible for overseeing the development of strategies that will allow us to carry out this mission. To do this, Board members must implement one of the very core of effective board governance - thinking and planning strategically. As they lead the association through some of the most turbulent periods of change in our history, the Board's strategy focuses on critical issues and policy challenges vs. administrative details and programmatic implementation.
Our leadership is committed to ongoing strategic planning because we understand it is a necessity in today's fast-changing environment. In our 2021-2024 Strategic Plan, we outline strategic themes and success metrics. In this way, we can help the organization be more productive by guiding resource allocation to achieve goals.