On August 20, 2018, the Board of Directors acknowledged Anthony J. Messana for his significant contribution to the organization. His involvement in the Association spaned decades, demonstrating an extraordinary personal commitment to the kidney care community. The board established the Anthony J. Messana Day on the Hill Scholarship, recognizing his unending advocacy efforts on behalf of kidney patients and kidney care organizations.
His priority was always to ensure the voices of dialysis providers and patients are heard within the Halls of Congress.
This scholarship provides financial support for a Renal Healthcare Association member to attend the Annual Day on the Hill and meet with their elected officials to educate, inform, and share issues and concerns related to the dialysis facilities and patients. The scholarship is designed for members who are interested in advocacy-related activities.
The Anthony J. Messana Scholarship Awardee will:
- Attend the Annual Day on the Hill and related events
- Invite their Representative, Senator and/or their staff to tour their dialysis unit
- Be open to receiving email or phone calls from the Association throughout the year as we work on specific issues that may relate to their organization.
- Is a Member in good standing under the Active Member Category (Dialysis Company)
- Open to Nomination or Self-Nomination
- The nomination should include what the candidate has done or could do if they receive the scholarship
- Self-nominations should include much of the same information
For any questions related to this scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.